E. M. Daggett
Ephraim Merrel Dagget was called the “Father of Fort Worth” by newspaper editor B. B. Paddock. His face appeared on the county seal for many years. Captain Daggett served with General Sam Houston in the 1836 Texas War of Independence and was instrumental in participating in the growth of Fort Worth throughout the 1850’s and beyond, donating land for the railroad in 1876 and funds to build the second Tarrant County Courthouse.